Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bubble gum.

I can't sleep. eep. eep. 

I've been on the go-go. 
echo-o-o. 

buut really! I've been on tour with my band. 

These are the nights, so that I remember it too when I'm 92 and looking through old posts on blogger.com. 

We started our little venture by spending a night in Chicago with Gavin and his lovely girlfriend Stephanie. top notch sushi. sat on the steps with maggie for awhile after drunkenly wondering through the grocery store. I was told to call the Marlboro company and tell them I  am  the Marlboro man and start making demands. I fell asleep in a chair. 

Our first show stop was in Iowa City, Iowa, a college town with a sweet little bar that played ABBA. thumbs up. We slept at a nice couples house, I made pancakes in the morning.

Stop two North Field, Minnesota, We played at Hogan's twice, received a 20$ tip, played another show in a bar on the balcony, had to quit playing b/c the crowd stomping and table dancing was getting too loud. I'd say this was my favorite gig of ours.

Stop three, Minneapolis, Minnesota, this is where we hung at our hats for a few days with the ever gracious Jesse Schuster. We played shows at the Nomad and the Turf Club. We played capture the flag. I had tofu at the Seward Cafe. I whipped up a mexican dish for the gang. We drank and we were merry. 

Stop four, Sheboygan, Wisconsin, my favorite, we played at the Paradigm, we stayed in a beautiful apartment above the Paradigm, I met the sweetest old lady in the whole wide world named Renee, and we talked about how Elvis Presley is still alive for hours at a place called Ashley's Pub. It was darling. Justin and I ended up at a metal bar having strawberry shortcake shots with the bartender. 

and in between those little lines, there are a lot of little stories. but now I think I can sleep. eep. eep.   Today while I was still home in Muncie, Jeremy and I created some lovely music. I'm at my grandparent's house in Indianapolis for a few days, then I'm going to Edinburgh to see Joe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers